At Furzeham Primary the pupils in each class elect two children to represent them on the School Council. The School Council meets regularly to discuss and make decisions on the views of their fellow pupils.
As a School Council, we aim to:
- Implement change to make our school an even better place.
- Create a safe and healthy learning environment for all pupils.
- Give every pupil in our school a voice.
- Give full attention and support towards any pupils who have concerns of any kind.
- Set new targets for ourselves and work hard to achieve them.
This year the school council are working on the following areas:
- The creation of a 'nature and conservation' area. This is part of the school's SIP priority to improve outdoor spaces.
- To review the new school meal and catering offer and to try and improve the overall dining experience.
- To be part of the design of the large play equipment installation.
The year 6 school councilors also represent the school at the TSAT trust student voice meetings which involve student councilors from all 26 schools within the trust.
This year they are looking at:
- Earth Alliance and our commitment to a more sustainable trust.
- Be Your Best Self Journals (BYBSJ) and how they are used to convey pupil voice
- Charities and how we can support both local and national projects