At Furzeham Primary the pupils in each class elect two children to represent them on the School Council. The School Council meets regularly to discuss and make decisions on the views of their fellow pupils.
As a School Council, we aim to:
- Implement change to make our school an even better place.
- Create a safe and healthy learning environment for all pupils.
- Give every pupil in our school a voice.
- Give full attention and support towards any pupils who have concerns of any kind.
- Set new targets for ourselves and work hard to achieve them.
School Council Representatives:
Miss Wilkinson's Class - Daisy Lloyd, Harriet Burke, Saul Chappell
Miss Shears' Class - George Worth, Bella Crookbain-Weight
Mr Ward's Class - Zac Reeman, Lily Shipton
Mrs Hewitt's Class - Grace Bevin-Mills, Byron Samateh
Mr Bennett's Class - Lily-Rae Asher, Cody Hitchcott
Mrs Shaw-Giles - Finnley Morey, Jessie O'Hara
Mrs Chapman - Verity Strang, Solomon Ball
Mrs Bower/ Miss James - Annabelle Wright, Freddie Daley
The School Council are also responsible for a lot of changes we make in school, these are some of the changes we have made within the last year:
- The attendance prizes for the end of term
- Organising and supporting whole school events (e.g. Children in Need)
- Implementing the deli bar at lunch
- Choosing which sports and activities we have throughout our lunch time
- Sharing the children's views on how our school can be improved
- Sharing the children's views on what we love about our school